Football and fashion – not words you commonly hear associated with one another. Well, I’m here to change that! Just because you’re not playing in the game this weekend, doesn’t mean you can’t dress for it.
With that said, repping your team in style can be tough with most shirts and jerseys being boxy or a little too manly for the average fashionista.
Luckily, jerseys are in this year and can be styled with fun accessories for the win.
Here are a few tips to piecing together the perfect look for this weekend’s big game.
1. If you’re looking for the perfect jersey, check out the boy’s section of your local sporting goods store (Nike Factory Store might also be carrying fan gear). They’re cut slightly larger than the girls’s sizes, but are still fitted enough to pull off.
IMO the women’s jerseys are always just a little too snug.
2. Pair your jersey with a classic white skinny to provide contrast to your team colors. I’m a big fan of American Eagle Outfitters denim. These white cropped jeans have been a closet staple of mine for years.
3. Get ahead of the athleisure trend with a pair of hip slip-on sneakers. I would suggest keeping them neutral, again to not take away from the fandom.
4. If you’re looking to add a little glam, layer on simple or stackable bracelets. You don’t want to go overboard with the jewelry – It’s still a football game! These little gems from H&M are perfect!
5. And last, but not least – You need a sporty backpack to pull off the ultimate fashionista fan look!
Assuming you already have your winning jersey, this look comes out to only $100.87 all because it came from Tanger Outlets, the number one place to save!
Come on… totally worth it for the gameday experience, right? Look good, feel good, team wins. That’s exactly how it goes!
What’s your go-to game day outfit? Comment below and let me know!
Happy Super Bowl week everyone! 😉