REMINDER: Tomorrow is Tax Day, which means those returns are about to start rollin’ in. I wouldn’t be a good saver if I didn’t provide you with a list of responsible ways to save your oh-so-welcomed gift from the IRS. This extra boost can go a long way if you spend/save it correctly.
Here are a few ways to do so:
- Contribute to a high-yield savings account to cover large planned purchases
- Donate to a cause you care about
- Create a “peace of mind” fund with enough to cover three months of must-pay living expenses
- Pay off any high-interest debt
- Invest in yourself – new or improved job skills can lead to larger paychecks and increased job stability
If you still have a small chunk of “play money” left over after checking off all of your financially meaningful to-do’s, we (of course) recommend a responsible shopping trip to reward yourself for all of your hard work.
Tax season couldn’t come at a better time, as winter turns to spring and everyone gets to feeling like they need a refresher. Don’t let work get you bogged down. I’m a big supporter of the “Look good, feel good, do good” mantra.
Below is my list of serious spring staples. I’m talking, one pair wonders here – spend the money once and they’ll last you until next year (or longer)!
- Sunglasses – A single, versatile pair can get you through the entire year (and multiple years for that matter). Sunglass Hut is my go-to.
- Sandals – They aren’t the sturdiest style in the book, so invest in a well-made, quality pair (I recommend a neutral color) and you could literally wear them with every spring/summer outfit if you had to. Check out Saks OFF 5th for awesome shoes.
- T-shirt – I’m not talking the one from your last 5K. Buy one solid crew or v-next tee and watch it transform your wardrobe. Gap Factory Store is the king/queen of long-lasting basic tees. CLICK HERE for a save 10% on $75+ coupon!
- Leather tote – It’s a carryall work tote, beach bag, diaper bag, all in one. I can thank Old Navy Outlet for my tote obsession.
- Simple studs – Get a basic pair of beautiful, sophisticated stud earrings to ensure you always look put together (for years and years to come). LOFT Outlet has tons of classic jewelry options.
So there you have it! You’re list of tax-return must haves that still fall into the responsible purchases category! As always save first, that’s why I vote shopping outlets. It’s guilt free and it allows me to look and feel good!
Again, don’t forget to get your taxes in before tomorrow and comment below if you have any questions about savings cash at Tanger. I’m your girl. 🙂