Rushing out the door seems to be the theme of my college experience. With so many different activities packed into the day, there never seems to be enough time. I never want to feel like I’m missing out, so keeping my beauty routine short and sweet is key. Those 5 extra minutes of sleep can make all the difference! Cut down on your beauty routine time with these time saving beauty tips below!
1. Plan out your outfit the night before. Even if it’s just a t-shirt and leggings having it already set out will save you a few minutes. Also, this way if you can’t find something you don’t waste time searching for it in the morning.
2. Alarm alert! Waking up is the most important aspect of how you begin your day. I typically set my first alarm for 10 minutes before I actually need to get up. That way, when my real alarm goes off I know it’s coming and I don’t feel so out of it. It helps me get ready for the day ahead. It doesn’t tempt me to hit snooze as much either!
3. Dry shampoo + a hat. Showering the night before can save you precious time in the morning. Dry shampoo is a girl’s best friend for looking more put together than you might feel. Throw on a hat if you’re feeling it!
4. If you do shower in the morning, play music to keep yourself moving quickly and also as a timer. When 2 songs play through, you’ve spent about 6-8 minutes showering and it’s time to wrap it up. It might seem quick, but you can spend the extra time doing your makeup, hair, eating, or sleeping!
5. 2/3 of a blow dry. I usually blow dry the top and front sides of my hair, but don’t worry as much about the back. I give a quick blow dry shot to the back, but keep in mind it’s not as important as the front and top of my hair. It’s better for your hair and your ticking beauty clock!
6. The rule of 3. There’s no need for a full face of perfect makeup for every day in college. Those days you’re in a rush try to stick to the rule of 3. Pick 3 aspects of your makeup routine that are your “must-do’s.” For me, that’s foundation, blush/bronzer, and mascara. Tip: Save money on brand name makeup by shopping The Cosmetics Company at Tanger Outlets.
7. Fragrance frenzy. A splash of perfume can make a world of difference! Best part is, this takes about 5 seconds. Hit up Fragrance Outlet, Perfumes4U, or Perfumania at Tanger Outlets for the best scents at low prices.
8. Organization is key. Having your beauty essentials and self-care items organized makes the morning rush more relaxed. When everything is in its place getting ready goes so much quicker!
9. Save certain things for later. I save eating my breakfast bar for when I walk to my first class. I put my lip balm on while waiting for the bus to campus. And I usually fill up my water bottle before my first class. Little things like this are great time savers for the morning. That way you have some extra sleep and beauty prep time.
10. Once you start to get into a strict routine this will all happen more naturally and faster. Some days you’ll get ready faster than others so don’t be too hard on yourself!
Beauty, set, go! With these time-saving beauty tips you’re sure to look your best in the least possible time. Tag me in your quick beauty prep looks @TangerOutlets with #StudentLife. Have time-saving tips of your own? I’d love to hear them!