Fall is all about layering to create stylish looks that work seamlessly with the changing temps. I know what you’re thinking, “Easier said than done,” but it’s all about knowing how to dress for your shape. Follow the steps below to create beautiful layered looks that compliment any body type.
How to Create a Layered Outfit:
- Start with a lightweight shell or basic solid/neutral top. Keep this layer somewhat fitted, so that you maintain your sense of shape.
- Pull in your first layer of warmth using a cardigan or a sweater. This can be a fun color or print. If you want to accentuate your waist, try adding a skinny belt just above the waistline.
- Top it off with your Favorite jacket or coat. Remember this should compliment the look, not cover it up completely. Also, make sure that the length is proportionate with your other layers.
- Add a scarf to complete the look. Tie in texture for added interest. Wearing all solids can make a layered look appear heavier than it actually is.
- For sparkle, add a few accessories. Bracelets, rings or watches are the best since most necklaces would be hidden under a layer or two.
It’s really a lot easier than it seems! First, try this at home with the pieces you have in your closet. Determine which items can be used to create multiple looks and make a list of the items that you still need. I always find that I have plenty of base layers and coats – it’s the sweater/cardigan department that’s lacking. This is also the most fun to shop for, as it’s usually the most colorful. Once you have your list, head to Tanger to find all of your layering needs from your favorite brand name stores.