Dun dun dun! Valentine’s Day is coming up next week…Let me preface by saying that this post is for the ladies of the house that either like to do the planning themselves or are forced to (some guys just don’t get it)! 🙂 I gladly take on these special occasions because I enjoy it. What to wear, what to do, planning is my jam.
Because (as you know) I’m a girl on a budget, I’m putting together ideas for a fun night in next Tuesday. While some would prefer a fancy dinner out, I decided to view this as an opportunity to get creative and save cash.
Feel free to share the love and make these ideas your own!
First things first, just because we’re staying in doesn’t mean I want to change into yoga pants as soon as I get home. I kind of want to take the night to dress up and be fancy in our own little space.
Loft Outlet | Shift Dress
Kate Spade New York | Mini Square Studs
I’m planning to wear my staple red shift dress that I found at Loft Outlet last year. I picked it up in the Spring for 40% OFF and have certainly gotten my monies worth. I’ve repurposed it for multiple events, including Christmas Eve. Maybe he won’t notice (and if he does, I’ll remind him how much I saved).
I’ll probably toss on my favorite Kate Spade New York studs and stackable bracelets, so that I truly feel dressed up for the night. I would be lying if I said I was going to rock heels around my house. No ma’am, first comes savings then comes comfort!
TangerTip: If you’re looking for a similar cute but comfortable look, be sure to check the deals page on TangerOutlets.com first. You can search specifically by the brands you’re interested for current coupons.
Now that I know what I’m wearing, here are my list of budget friendly activities. We obviously can’t accomplish them all, so take a look and help me pick.
Which ones do you think would make for the best night with the mister?
- Indoor Picnic – Put together a picnic (with heart shaped food, duh) spread out a blanket, possibly light a few candles and eat on the living room floor. Different and fun, right! Bonus points are guaranteed if you go for a fort.
- Scavenger Hunt – Hide little romantic treats around the house and make him go search for them. Guys love little surprises too.
- Night by Candlelight – Even the most mundane tasks or ordinary dinners are more romantic by candlelight. Not to mention, it saves on electricity. JK (but really)! 😉
- Spa Night – Whether they admit it or not, every guy enjoys a good foot rub. If he allows you, take it a step further and do cleansing masks (or anything soothing). This might not be something they share at the office the next day, but I bet it would be a hit.
- Dance Party – Totally free! Who doesn’t love to get down in the middle of the living room. Channel your inner Dancing with The Stars moves and see where the night takes you.
- Play Bartender – Use the night as an opportunity to whip up some of those cocktails you’ve been wanting to try. Drink responsibly (or go with mocktails, also 100% acceptable).
- Game Night – Are you and yours SO super competitive? We are! Game nights always make for good memories. Make the prize something irresistible.
- Movie Night – You could always put a spin on movie night and surprise him with the DVD of the first movie you both saw together. Oh hey Ms. Romantic!
Hmm… So many options! Which ones do you like?
If you’re in the same boat as we are this year, trying to save a little cash but still enjoy a romantic evening together, I hope this helped!
Comment below and let me know what you deciding to do.
While you’re in the loving spirit, hop on over to Tanger’s Facebook page to learn more about their Share the Love campaign for a chance to win great prizes. All you have to do is share a simple act of kindness using #TangerLove and you’ll be entered to win. Click here for additional submission details!