I have three beautiful words for you…
Tax. Free. Weekend.
Yes, my friends, Tanger’s tax free weekend is coming up and if you haven’t shopped these sales before you’re missing out on mega savings.
Tax-free weekend is usually associated with back-to-school (BTS) but it’s so much more than that because retailers offer great deals and discounts in addition to the traditional tax free items.
Whether you’re shopping for BTS must-haves or just want to watch your savings add up for items that you’ve been eyeing (needing) all summer, here’s my tax free weekend cheat sheet full of shopping strategies to help you max out your savings!
1. Plan Ahead – Take time to find out what items are tax exempt in your state and what limits may apply. Here’s a link to check your state’s list.
#TangerTip: Many items on the exempt list are things that you’ll need even if you’re not shopping specifically for BTS. Plan to shop for these things and any bigger purchases that you know you’ll need over tax free weekend.
2. Get Organized – Take inventory of what you have and what you need. Fashion, home accents, office supplies, etc….make your shopping list in advance and determine the brands you want to shop.
3. Know Your Prices – Make sure the tax free savings outweigh savings from other coupons. If you love athleisure gear from Under Armour Outlet, compare prices before/after available discounts to make sure you’re getting the best price.
4. Piggyback Your Offers – Most retailer offers stack with tax free savings so check TangerOutlet.com/deals for special offers from the brands you plan to shop and have those ready to present at checkout.
#TangerTip: The Tanger app is a must have shopping accessory and allows you to keep your coupons at your fingertips!
5. Shop During TangerStyle Fall – Noting no. 4, I would suggest shopping Tanger before August 20th to take advantage of additional 25% off savings from your favorite retailers. Download your TangerStyle coupons here.
6. Join the Club – No matter your spending budget for tax free weekend, put your dollars and these great deals to work for you by signing up for TangerClub and earning fab perks just for shopping. You’ll get rewarded when you hit certain spend levels. Love free money!
7. Know When To Call It Quits – We all LOVE a great deal and it’s ok to splurge a little if you find a must-have piece (or three). BUT… stick to your plan and don’t buy things you don’t need just because it’s tax free.
8. Save Your Receipts – Personally, I like to add up the savings from all of my receipts BUT, if you do need to return something or happen to find it at a lower price somewhere else, it’s better hang on to the receipts for a bit.
#TangerTip: If you purchase anything from Tanger and find it advertised for less anywhere else within 14 days, they’ll refund the difference to you in cash. It’s their Best Price Promise!
Special note—If you live in GA, you’re in for a treat. Because your state is not participating in the tax-free holiday this year, Tanger is offering a $15 Gift Card with a $150 purchase. See your local Tanger Facebook pages for more info.