If you’re ever looking for a new jet setting buddy I am definitely your girl! was lucky enough to have the chance to study in Florence, Italy for four months in 2016. Whether you’re studying something in the arts, sciences, or anything in between studying abroad can enhance your college experience.
Here are just some of the many reasons studying abroad rocks!
1. The Experience You’ll hear it time and time again- studying abroad changes people. Traveling, learning, and integrating into other cultures is one of the most rewarding and life changing experiences. You never get bored because there’s always something to learn, see, or do. It’s the chance to really embrace a new culture.
2. The Landmarks It’s so incredible to be able to travel to landmarks you’ve learned about in school while you’re abroad. You’ll be able to visit museums, see paintings, artifacts, and more that are etched in the world’s history. It’s truly amazing to see these things in real life!
3. The Classes Yep, school still happens while you’re abroad and it’s incredible! You can take advantage of unique classes that your home university might not offer. I was able to take fashion marketing and go to Milan for Fashion Week!
4. The Food I know y’all were thinking it! I’m totally biased because Italian food is my fave, but wow is the food amazing abroad. Each country has their own unique flavors and specialties. It’s so cool to experience unique cuisines each place you visit.
5. The Scenery Let’s just take a second to talk about the views… aka some of the most unforgettable moments of my life! Picture perfect postcard views are everywhere you turn.
6. The Ancestry It was so much fun to travel to the places my ancestors are from. I found a portion of my name while walking around Austria and it was such a cool moment! It’s so exciting to see the country and culture your family is from in order to understand more about yourself.
7. The People Last but not least, the people! You meet some of the best people abroad. I made friends everywhere I went- my roommates, classmates, and travel buddies. I’m so grateful for all of the friendships I made abroad.
NEIMAN MARCUS LAST CALL, Travelway Spinner Suitcase
|COLUMBIA SPORTSWEAR COMPANY, Quickdraw Daypack||FOSSIL, Slim Clutch|
|TRAVELWAY SPINNER SUITCASE $80.50 | QUICKDRAW DAYPACK $24.99 | DUSTY ROSE SLIM CLUTCH $45.50|
I know studying abroad can seem overwhelming, but on campus services make it as easy as possible. Contact your study abroad office on campus or your campus advisor for more information. There are also scholarships available for those that qualify! What are you waiting for?! Get out there and see the world! Everything will still be right where you left it when you come back.