Right now, it’s all about self care, and the most important part of self-care is taking care of your skin! That’s right — now’s the time to really focus on a quality skincare routine! If you already have a routine, there are ways you can take it a step further with our tips and tricks! From facemasks to steampots and everything in between, Tanger is here to help elevate your skincare routine.
Up Your Mask Game
You know to wash your face and exfoliate, but how often are you using a facemask? Facemasks are helpful for reducing blemishes and imperfections, refining your pores, increasing hydration and so much more! Can you tell we’re big fans? Our best advice is use an exfoliating mask twice a week to open up your pores and give your skin a refresh.
Pick Your Fave Products
An effective skincare routine starts with great products — namely the right products for your skin! Whether you’re in need of a surge of moisture or an improving mask, make sure it’s what will work for you. Once you have your products lined up, you can decide what you want to put on first and start to establish routines. Once our stores reopen, you’ll be able to shop products from THE COSMETICS COMPANY STORE, BARE+BEAUTY, FRAGRANCE OUTLET and more to find products from Clinique, bareMinerals, Estee Lauder, MAC, Tom Ford, Origins and so many more. For now, use what you have! But make sure you remember those stores for all your future shopping sprees!
Rise With The Sun
The best way to start your morning is with a skincare routine! Prep your skin for the day with these simple steps:
- CLEANSE: Start with washing your face — we suggest using exfoliant a few times a week! This helps open up your pores and get your skin ready for the day.
- TONE: Use a gentle toner to wake your skin up and cool it off! This will make those no-makeup days part of your regular routine.
- APPLY SERUM: Incorporating serum into your daily morning routine ensures that your skin stays clear and healthy!
- MOISTURIZE: Finish off your routine with moisturizer! Our best advice is to find one that won’t make you breakout and contains SPF for all those neighborhood walks.
Let Your Skin Recover
Now that we’re talking about routines…your bedtime routine is by far the most important! It’s a chance for your skin (and you) to unwind after a long day. Kick back with a cup of tea and your favorite book or Netflix show while following these steps:
- REMOVE MAKEUP: You know what they say — girl, wash your face! Get rid of the makeup and cleanse using a deep pore cleanser.
- TONE (again): Yes, it’s important that you tone twice! It will leave your skin feeling oh so clean and refreshed after a long day.
- BE PROACTIVE: Add cream to prevent blemishes before they even brush the surface!
- HYDRATE: Make sure your skin is getting enough moisturizer. At night, use one that’s extra hydrating so your skin can recover after the day!
Think Outside The Box
The best way to keep your skin hydrated is obviously to drink water. But when you’re in need of something a little more strong, there’s always a steam treatment! Steam opens up your pores and leaves your skin looking glowing and gorgeous. If you don’t have a professional steampot, that’s okay! Just make one at home! It’s simple — take a pot and boil water in it. Place a towel over your head, and lean over the steam! You’ll be smiling from ear to ear in no time.
Swap Sweets for Veggies
Looking to eliminate acne and other blemishes on your skin? Cut back on the amount of sugar you eat during a day. Sugar releases hormones that cause those blemishes! So, if your skin isn’t reacting to blemish-repairing products or you’re looking for other ways to reduce acne, try cutting back on sugar and swapping it for veggies instead!
Create a skincare routine that works perfectly with your skin! Now is the time! Follow these tips and tricks, and you’ll be on your way to having glowing, radiant and youthful skin. And don’t forget, we’re all #inthistogether. Looking for more self-care tips and positive inspiration? Check out our Pinterest for tips and tricks you could need!